20 Calorie Crepes
I don’t know that I can put into words just how much I love crepes. More than I love crepes though, I love the fact that these are only twenty calories. I used a strawberry, nectarine, and vanilla yogurt as a topping for the ones in the photo, but I’ve also taken to filling them with unsweetened apple sauce. I like dessert all the time, so when it feels like I’m having dessert for breakfast it is a win-win situation. Next week I am going to try my hand at some low calorie savory crepes and I will share the results!
-1 cup unbleached white whole wheat flour
-6 TBSP egg whites
-3 TBSP unsweetened apple sauce
-3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-1/2 cup water
- Measure out flour into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl beat together egg whites, apple sauce, almond milk, and water.
- Whisk the liquid mixture into flour until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours.
- After refridgeration head a medium sized skilled over medium high heat.
- Spray with PAM.
- Use 1/4 C measuring spoon and cook as you would pancakes.(needs about 1.5 minutes on each side)
- Store in air tight zip lock bag.
- Serve with your choice of topping, or eat plain.
-20 calories per crepe
-Makes 10 crepes